Moving Between States
Whether you are moving to a neighboring state or from coast to coast, North American Van Lines has the expertise, resources and network to ensure a seamless relocation anywhere in the country.
As an industry-leading van line, we have more than 300 agents throughout the United States ready to handle your move. That means that no matter where you’re headed, we’re the company to get you there. So you might be asking, how is North American different than other movers?
In addition to a stress-free relocation, we also realize that you want your cross country move to be cost-effective. This is why we provide affordable services that cater to your needs. Whether you are moving a home, car, business or specialty items, using North American Van Lines as your interstate movers you benefit from our competitive pricing model for a move within your budget.
Full-range of Services
Regardless of how simple or complex your move, we have a solution for you. Our comprehensive range of services ensures that we can accommodate your every need, from the packing and crating to vehicle shipping, third party services and beyond. Need us to assemble a swing set? Do you have antiques that require extra special packing care?
Concerned with how to get your vehicle from New York City to LA? Don’t worry, we have you covered. There is no request too small or too large for us to handle, which is why you can depend on us for you interstate move.
When choosing between interstate moving companies, you want one that believes in a comprehensive relocation that caters to your unique needs – especially when moving a long distance. It’s important to find a company that will reduce the stress of moving across the country, performing secure and efficient moves, no matter where you are moving.
Don’t just choose any moving company; choose North American Van Lines and discover a company with unparalleled services, decades of experience and complete moving resources.
Get your move started, and get an instant online quote above! We are looking forward to working with you.
Interstate Moving FAQs
How much does an interstate move cost?
The best way to find out how much to budget for your interstate move is to get a quote. That’s because a lot of factors go into how much a move will cost. How much of the packing you opt to do yourself, whether you need storage, and how many other services you need — all these and more go into moving quotes. North American offers everything from fragile-only packing to full service packing, as well as the best packing materials so you can do your own packing if you choose. With lots of interstate moving services and options to choose from, you can tailor your move to your budget and needs.
How long can I expect my interstate move to take?
Like the cost of your interstate move, the duration can also vary. Generally, though, it will take 2-5 business days to move your household belongings across the country.
Are your interstate moving services available anywhere in the country?
Yes! Not only do we have moving agents throughout the U.S. who can help with your interstate move, but we also work with trusted third parties when necessary. You’ll always have local movers to help you with the process of an interstate relocation when you choose North American.
5 Tips for a Successful Interstate Move
Choosing the moving company and services you want to use for your interstate move is just part of the picture. To make your move go more smoothly, use these tips:
- Declutter. It costs money to move things, so cut down on the number of things that need moving! Donate or sell items you no longer use, and consider using Craigslist for furniture and other large items you don’t want to take. This tip not only lowers your cost of moving, but might make you some cash that will come in handy during your interstate move.
- Itemize and organize. About 6-8 weeks before your interstate relocation, go ahead and pack up items you won’t need until after the move — such as photo albums, off-season clothes, books and decorative items. Label each box well with the room and contents. This activity will give you a better idea of which additional packing boxes and materials you’ll need, so go ahead and order them at this point.
- Prepare for your new home and clean the old one. 4 weeks or so before moving day, arrange to have the utilities and cable turned off at your old home and turned on at your new home. If you rent, do some deep cleaning as you pack so you have your best chance at getting your deposit back.
- Close accounts, transfer mail and service the car. A week or two before moving day is a good time to cancel your local gym membership and other local accounts and memberships. You can also go ahead and fill out the mail forwarding form at the post office or online. And if you’ll be driving your car during your interstate move, be sure it’s ready by getting it serviced and checked.
- Pack valuables and necessary items for the move. If an item is small, fragile or very valuable, we recommend that you transport it to your new home. Pack your jewelry and antiques and plan to take them in the car with you if possible, as well as suitcases packed with what your family will need while on the road.
An interstate move is no time to leave tasks until the last minute, and these tips will help you prepare for your move in a more manageable and systematic way. Need more help? Give us a call to get answers to your burning questions, including a free moving quote!