Long Distance Moving
If you are planning a long distance move, selecting a reliable moving company is vital to a stress-free experience. You want a company with professional crews who can do packing, loading, transporting and unloading of your goods in a timely manner. Most of all, you want to make sure that your belongings are secure and safe.
North American Van Lines has been a leader in the moving industry for more than 85 years. As a full-service, interstate moving company, we are registered with the Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and are authorized to transport goods within states, between states and to Canada.
How our quote process works:
- Request a free moving estimate or Instaquote above.
- Provide your contact information and your ideal move date so a moving specialist can reach out to you.
- Upon accounting for any special items, we provide recommendations that make budgeting your move more cost effective.
- Finally, we provide your total moving cost which will be more accurate than any online quoting.?
Selecting a Long-Distance Moving Company
As you research long distance movers, there are several things to look for:
- Ask the company if they do in-home estimates. An estimate made over the phone cannot adequately evaluate the needs of the move. North American Van Lines comes to your home and provides a free estimate for the cost of the move. In addition, our moving quotes and pricing are calculated by the weight of the goods being transported instead of by volume of a moving container. Weight is more accurate and reliable.
- Be sure that the company has the proper registrations for moving long distance. Unlike local movers, the company must have DOT and FMCSA authorization to transport goods across state lines. The company must be licensed, bonded and insured to protect you, your home, your belongings and the workers on the job. North American Van Lines keeps all required federal, state and local registrations, permits and licenses current. We provide you with information required by law that states your rights and responsibilities for interstate moves. Our crews are in uniform as they work, and our trucks display our company name.
- Ask for references. Be sure to call them. Check with the local Better Business Bureau to see how the company is rated. The BBB publishes customer complaints, reviews and dispute resolutions. North American Van Lines is in good standing with local BBBs throughout the U.S.
- After you make your choice, get a written contract that states the terms of the move. This prevents an unethical company from adding charges or altering terms. With North American Van Lines, the price quoted during the in-home assessment is the price you pay. There are no additional charges or hidden fees.
- To further assist with your selection process, we have provided a downloadable moving checklist.
Cross-Country Moving Services
North American Van Lines provides more than just packing and moving services. You will be assigned a personal consultant who will help you during each step of the moving process. The consultant will give you moving tips on how to save money as you pack and shift to your new location. If you would like to pack some or all of your belongings yourself, we have moving supplies for sale. Speak with the consultant who is coordinating your move to estimate the number and kinds of boxes, packing material and accessories you will need.
We provide free stretch wrap that protects upholstered furniture. We offer custom crating to make sure specialty items such as artwork, antiques or other valuables are securely packed. We can pack and transport your piano as part of your household belongings. Our fragile-only services make sure fragile items are properly and safely packed.
The professional crews of North American Van Lines come to your home on moving day in branded trucks. During the move, our online shipment tracking service lets you know where your goods are. When we arrive at your new home, we unload and unpack all of your goods. As part of the unpacking service, we remove all debris and materials after we finish. If you do not want all of your goods brought at the same time, we have short-term and long-term storage facilities that are climate controlled. These secure facilities are approved by the U.S. military.
As you plan your cross country move, you can relax, knowing that our crews are thoroughly trained and go through background checks before they are assigned to a job. With all the details of a move to relocation that you must tend yourself, you can rest assured that the staff of North American Van Lines has the moving experience that will reduce your stresses of packing, transporting and unloading your belongings.